Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Early Education Accreditation
All the information below is taken directly from the ACSI website found at https://www.acsi.org/region/mid-america/accreditation.
ACSI provides a highly regarded accreditation program for secondary, elementary, and standalone and attached preschools. ACSI has partnerships with all of the U.S. regional accreditation agencies. Also available is a web-based recognition program of school improvement for schools not ready to enter the formal accreditation process. In addition, ACSI approves Christian college and university teacher and administrator schools of education that include the needed coursework to qualify for ACSI teacher and/or administrator certification.
ACSI member schools seek accreditation to validate their quality and verify that they are striving for excellence based on a solid Christian philosophy of education foundation.
Accreditation and school improvement assist member schools in changing for the better in an orderly and systematic way. They bring a vigorous dynamic into the school by engaging every school constituent in a process of organizational appraisal.
- It documents that the school is true to its own foundational statements (mission, vision, core values, goals)
- It affirms that the school meets standards of quality established by the international school community
- It provides validation of the credibility of the school through a peer review process
- It promotes accountability to the school community
- It improves instruction targeting increased student achievement
- It promotes ongoing instructional improvement through a continuous process of self-assessment and systematic school development
- It encourages the evaluation of biblical and spiritual integration of the school
- It transfers credits between schools and between nation’s school systems
|Process and Procedures for ACSI Accreditation
All ACSI accredited programs must be ACSI members. Check out the many benefits enjoyed by member schools. EE-12 Membership Application. EE Membership Application.
Memberships can be purchased by following this link: https://www.acsi.org/become-a-member/join-acsi/membership-inquiry
Go deeper into each Step of ACSI Accreditation by using the Reach 2.1 Manuals
|Reference Guide for Early Education (EE) Documents
This list will help you determine the documents your school needs for the Self-Study and Annual Report steps.