The Wanamaker Early Learning Center, Franklin Township Community School Corporation has an immediate opening for a Half Day Preschool Instructor. This is a Classified/Hourly position and reports to the Early Childhood Director.
A Half Day Preschool instructor will facilitate individual student growth by implementing developmentally appropriate instruction, as well as overseeing the program of full-day childcare for each child enrolled. The Instructor will monitor student learning through assessment, data analysis, and targeted instruction to ensure students are making appropriate progress. The instructor will promote a well-rounded program; fostering the intellectual, social, and physical development of their students while ensuring basic needs are met at all times. The Instructor will enter into a partnership with parents in the education of their children. The Preschool Instructor will collaborate with assistants to ensure continuity of care is taking place.
- Implements a curriculum that is comprehensive of the standards, making lesson plans visible to parents and center staff
- Designs an environment, routine, and structure to maximize learning
- Utilizes assessment that is flexible to accommodate different methods of demonstrating learning
- Uses and reports on the program’s common formative assessments; Analyzes assessment data to inform instruction
- Communicates with parents to keep them informed of their child’s progress and solicits help at home
- Develops socially competent and emotionally resilient students
- Routinely acknowledges students and provides positive attention in varying ways
- Facilitates and models appropriate ways of resolving conflict and managing emotions
- Ensures each student is challenged to move towards the next level of independence
- Promotes the development of literacy skills by incorporating language-rich activities
- Differentiates instruction to meet varying developmental levels, including challenging those who are proficient
- Uses wait time effectively and a hierarchy of prompting to promote independence
- Utilizes WELCs communication tool to share group updates and student-specific information
- Supervises classroom assistants, providing training and communication to ensure assistants can meet children’s needs
- Complies with Indiana’s Licensed Childcare Center regulations
- Maintain constant supervision of students assigned to him/her and assure student safety throughout the instructional day
- Complete required training including annual first aid/CPR, health and safety, and others as deemed necessary for the position.
- Maintain student confidentiality for all students enrolled in the school
- Make positive contributions to the culture and climate of the FTCSC
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- A minimum of a Child Development Associates Credential, Bachelors in an educational area preferred.
- Experience leading instruction in a preschool classroom
- Must complete pre-employment requirements for a licensed childcare center: drug screen, physical, TB test, and fingerprint background check.
- The ability to meet the physical demands of stooping, kneeling, sitting in low/small chairs, and transferring/lifting a student to assist them from their wheelchair or other adaptive devices.
- Ability to actively engage students in lessons and discussions.
- The stamina to maintain an appropriate energy level to sustain the full instructional day.
- Good teamwork, communication, and organizational skills. Sufficient patience and commitment to ensure academic success for all students.
1. Seldom = Less than 25 %
2. Occasional = 26 to 50 %
3. Often = 51 to 75 %
4. Very Frequent = 76 % & above
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. (3)
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. (2)
- Ability to carry 35 lbs. (2)
- Ability to work at a desk, conference table, or in meetings of various configurations. (2)
- Ability to see for the purpose of reading laws and codes, rules and policies, and other printed matter. (4)
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels. (4)
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation. (4)
- Ability to operate office equipment. (3)
- Ability to reach in all directions. (4)
The FTCSC will comply with all legal requirements relating to reasonable accommodation for employees and job applicants.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
185 days per year per school calendar.
Voluntary opportunity to work over school calendar breaks.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluations of Professional Personnel.
If you have questions about this job opportunity, please email or call Melissa Drier at email@example.com or 317.860.4501.
To apply for this position please visit https://ftcsc.org