At Bloomington Center for Global Children (BCGC), a Spanish-immersion childcare center, our mission is to provide a multilingual and nurturing early education environment for young children that supports their physical and social emotional development while encouraging them to care for themselves, their community, and their planet. We value the uniqueness of our community members and seek to provide an inclusive environment for all.
We are seeking a Director to lead our team and manage school operations. Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Director will oversee school operations (enrollment, family communication and support, licensing and Paths to Quality requirements), manage and develop a team of full- and part-time staff and will execute the long term vision (strategic planning, curriculum development) at our center that provides care and early childhood education for children ages 6 weeks – 6 years.
This is a full-time, exempt position in Bloomington, Indiana.
- Recruit, hire, train and retain qualified staff in all departments
- Lead and supervise staff (teachers, teacher’s aides, kitchen and maintenance staff) including creating and managing the overall staff schedule
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the center
- Assure compliance with licensing and Paths to Quality regulations/requirements
- Maintain a workplace environment that is positive, supportive, and prioritizes transparency
- Implement curriculum and ongoing teacher trainings
- Facilitate, oversee, and support communication between families and teachers
- Collaborate with Board of Directors
Must meet one of the following educational criteria:
- An accredited Bachelor of Arts or Science in early childhood or elementary education with a kindergarten endorsement and grades of B or better
- An accredited Bachelor of Arts or Science in any discipline and either:
- 15 credit hours in college level courses with documented content relating to the needs, skills, development, or teaching methods of children 6 years of age or younger (grades of B or better required)
- A Child Development Associates (CDA) credential
- An accredited 2-year associates degree in early childhood education, with a grade average of B or better, and a minimum of three years’ experience in an early childhood program
- Spanish proficiency (spoken and written) strongly desired, Spanish fluency (spoken and written) preferred
- At least two years of experience managing a diverse group of full- and part-time staff
- Experience with the principles of positive discipline and play-based learning (familiarity with Montessori and/or Reggio Emilia, a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft/Google suites
- A commitment to effective cross-cultural communication
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and withstand interruptions
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience. The Director is eligible for a monthly cell phone stipend, receives 8 paid holidays, BCGC tuition discounts, and paid-time off.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority consideration given to applicants who apply by Friday, November 1, 2019. To apply, please email a thoughtful cover letter and resume (as attachments – pdf or Word) that details how your experience aligns with this opportunity to email@example.com. Please use the subject line, “Application for BCGC Director.” BCGC is an inclusive community and equal opportunity employer.