The Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children invites you to submit a proposal for the 2020 Indiana Early Childhood Conference. We hope that you will submit proposals that demonstrate meaningful, effective, and sustainable collaborations across research, policy, and practice to increase learning opportunities for every child, family, and community through everyday routines and interactions.
Pick a topic that is timely, relevant, and thought-provoking.
Be creative and clear with your title. A good title will invite the attendee to join by making the topic and content distinct and engaging. (12-word limit)
This should be a brief overview of the workshop/session you are proposing. This description will be used in the conference program. (75-word limit)
- Pre-conference Session
- General Conference Session
Focus of Your Proposal
Indiana AEYC seeks proposals that address the age range of birth through age eigth. You will be asked to identify the age level addresses: Infant, Toddler, Preschool/Pre-K, or School Age. You may select more than one age group
The Indiana Early Childhood Conference attracts a diverse group of attendees. We seek proposals that are targeted to these experience levels:,Level 1 – Beginner/PreCredential, Level 2 – Novice/Credential, Level 3 – Intermediate/Associate Degree, Level 4 – Experienced/Bachelors Degree, and Level 5 – Advanced/Masters Degree or Higher
Core Knowledge Area:
To ensure a well-rounded program and provide content that appeals to all attendees, each proposal must identify which Core Knowledge Area covered by the training. 1. Child and Youth Growth and Development, 2. Health, Safety and Nutrition, 3. Observation and Assessment, 4. Learning Environment and Curriculum, 5. Family and Community Engagement, 6. Leadership and Professionalism, 7. Organizational Development and Administration
Equity and Diversity; Health, Safety, and Nutrition; Family Child Care; Faith Based; Infant; Toddler; Preschool; School Age; Family Engagement; Leadership and Administration; Research; Reggio
- Proposals must be submitted online.
- A valid e-mail address is required. This is how we will communicate with presenters.
- Submission deadline for all proposals has been extended to March 16, 2020.
- Up to two presenters for each session will receive complimentary registration to the conference.
- Presentations must reflect developmentally appropriate practices as defined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Selling or advertising merchandise during sessions is strictly prohibited. NAEYC’s stated policy is that presenters may not use their sessions as a forum for product sales. Presenters selling products may want to consider renting a booth in the Exhibit Hall’s Exhibit section. For more information, e-mail email@example.com
- Internet is not provided unless purchased through the Indiana Convention Center.
- Each room will be equipped with a table and an audio-visual (A/V) cart, screen, and one podium mic. Laptops and projectors will NOT be provided. Any additional equipment is the responsibility of the presenter to provide.
- Each room will be set theater style and will not have tables.