CHRISTINE L. FISHER
Christine L. Fisher was an exceptional early childhood educator and leader who made the world a better place for young children and early childhood professionals.
ABOUT CHRISTINE FISHER
Although born in Woodbury, New Jersey, Christine L. Fisher was a ‘Hoosier’ through and through, as she continued her education at Indiana University/Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), earning a master’s degree in Early Childhood Education. Christine loved Indianapolis and began her working career here, and most recently, was an employee of the Indiana AEYC. During her tenure with Indiana AEYC, Christine worked with the ARRA Playground Improvement Grant.
Her legacy was making the world a better and safer place for children. She was passionate about children’s development relating to physical fitness, literacy, artistic expression and nutrition. Therefore, it is only natural that the Christine L. Fisher Early Childhood Education Fund will focus on these four (4) critical areas of interest.
GRANT GUIDELINES & WINNERS
The Grant Application is released once per year and mailed directly to eligible facilities. There is no need to request an application.
Applications for the Christine L. Fisher Grant are submitted to early care and education facilities that meet the following criteria:
- Legally operating in the State of Indiana;
- Must be accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) or accredited by the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC)
- A provider serving low income children
- A 501(c) 3 tax-exempt organization
To further clarify the types of applications accepted, please note the areas that the Christine L. Fisher Early Childhood Fund does not support:
- Capital projects related to buildings, furniture or renovations
- Cost of education for the children enrolled
- Physical Fitness
- Creative Expression and Appreciation for Arts
- Health and Nutrition
PREVIOUS GRANT FOCUS AREAS
- 2017: Physical Fitness, Literacy, Creative Expression/Arts or Health and Nutrition Grants Awarded
- 2016: Health and Nutrition Grants Awarded
- 2015: Creative Expression and Appreciation for Arts Grant Awarded
- 2014: Literacy Grant Awarded
- 2013: Physical Fitness Grant Awarded