NAEYC and Indiana AEYC Members receive additional benefits. As a member you can:
- Post a Current Position Opening; or
- Search for Career Opportunities
Contact Us for more information.
Open Career Opportunities with Indiana AEYC
There are no open career opportunities at Indiana AEYC at this time.
Other Open Career Opportunities
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Mt. Calvary Lutheran Child Care and Preschool- Director
Mt. Calvary Lutheran Child Care and Preschool in Fort Wayne is hiring for the position of Director.
Do you want to change the world? That’s what we’re about at Mount Calvary! We want to make the world less lonely, people more connected, and everyone more in tune with our friend and Savior! We are looking for someone to help us in our mission to authentically connect people to one another through the love of Jesus Christ.
We believe that partnering with families is the best way to combat and correct loneliness in this world by restoring, encouraging, and/or supporting them. We pursue holistic health that comes through a grounding in the love of Jesus Christ in order that we may be brothers and sisters of the same heavenly Father.
To aid us in accomplishing this dream of ours, we are looking for a Child Care and Preschool director that, first and foremost, shares this dream. Said director must have a passion for those inside and outside the Church. Beyond this crucial identifier, the director will serve the church by developing, running, and administering an effective Child Care & Preschool ministry by providing quality care and quality education for young children according to the following qualifications and requirements:
Qualifications for Director:
- Highly professional with excellent relational and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills, strong time management skills, and ability to maintain composure in handling stressful situations
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
Requirements for Director:
- The director will hold a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Education, or related field.
- Experience teaching in an educational setting, especially early childhood, is preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or send to Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, 1819 Reservation Dr. Fort Wayne, IN 46819
Mt. Calvary Lutheran Child Care and Preschool-Director
Employment Opportunity Announcement with IUPUI Center for Young Children- Lead Teacher
IUPUI Center for Young Children is seeking a Lead Teacher. This position is responsible for the daily management of the children and activities in their classroom in accordance with licensing and the Center’s policies, practices, and procedures. They will plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities for children enrolled as well as provide direction to assistant teachers on a daily basis.
Requirements: High School Diploma with a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Development. Must be 21 years old. Knowledge of DAP for early childhood; ability to communicate verbally and in writing to children, parents, staff and general public; knowledge of stat licensing regulations; awareness and acceptance of cultural differences.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Development or Elementary Education. 1 year in a licensed childcare facility.
Please review the position description below. Interested applicants may apply here: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/iu/en-us.
Questions? Contact Susie Manning, Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
IUPUI Center for Young Children Infant Lead Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Day Early Learning- Lead and Assistant Teachers
Day Early Learning in Indianapolis is hiring for the following positions: Lead and Assistant Teachers.
Job Summary: Plans and implements activities which are designed to develop a range of social, cognitive, and/or motor skills for individual and/or groups of preschool aged children, working within a child care center, classroom, or field environment. Supervises and trains student employees and/or staff engaged in child care and development activities.
Education: An Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Developmental or Child Psychology, Elementary Education or closely related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in an early childhood setting working directly with young children is preferred. Knowledge: Basic understanding of child development from birth through age 8 acquired through practical experience and/or direct instruction. Basic keyboarding skills, computer literacy and familiarity with various applications such a database, word processing, e-mail and internet.
Job Summary: Provides a developmentally appropriate environment primarily for preschool aged children. Conducts individual activities to encourage learning and develop social interaction skills. Ensure routines are flexible and individualized to meet infants’ needs. Prepares and/or serves children’s meals. Maintains appropriate records of attendance and activities.
Education Requirements: Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Complete a CDA focusing on Preschool Children or 12 college credits in Early Childhood Education within 2 years of hire.
Experience: None Required
Knowledge: Basic understanding of child development from birth through age 8 acquired through practical experience and/or direct instruction. Basic keyboarding skills, computer literacy and familiarity with various applications such a database, word processing, e-mail and internet.
Questions can be sent to Beth Riedeman at email@example.com
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Kokomo Family YMCA- Early Learning Center Kitchen Assistant, Early Learning Center Lead Teacher, Child Care Teacher
The Kokomo Family YMCA is hiring for the following positions: Early Learning Center Kitchen Assistant, Early Learning Center Lead Teacher, Child Care Teacher.
Please view position description below for job duties and qualifications. Interested applicants should contact Pam Richard: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kokomo YMCA job descriptions
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Early Learning Community Preschool- Teachers
The Early Learning Community Preschool (ELC) is looking for teachers to join our school family. ELC Preschool is a Paths To Quality Level 3 non-profit program located in Johnson County. We offer an early learning program to children ages 3-5 years of age. We offer both full and half day programs and strive to be a resource to parents in our community. We are accepting resumes for both lead and assistant teachers for our upcoming school year.
We expect our teachers:
To enter into a partnership with parents in the education of their children.
To encourage self motivation that will promote a love of learning to explore subjects of personal interest.
To help children develop a positive self-image as the key to the development of their full potential.
● CDA or Early Childhood degree preferred but not required
● Willing to further education in Early Childhood through trainings and other opportunities
● Experience with preschool-aged children, preferably in a classroom setting
● Experience in Google preferred
Please describe in a cover letter or on your resume your experiences working with children – you will not be
contacted if you do not share your experiences/past work history.
Please take a moment to review our website and what we do before completing an application.
Applicants may send resumes to:
● Dawn Underwood (Director): Dawn@jclearningcenters.com
● Ashley DeLong (Assistant Director): Ashley@jclearningcenters.com
Employment Opportunity Announcement with South Central Community Action Program- Early Head Start Lead Teacher and Teacher’s Aide
South Central Community Action Program (Bloomington, IN) is hiring for the following positions: Early Head Start Lead Teacher and Teacher’s Aide.
Early Head Start Lead Teacher: Under supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Lead Teacher plans and implements a weekly and ongoing developmentally appropriate plan for a group of infants and toddlers with individualized considerations for each child, while managing the classroom and exceeding federal Head Start Standards, State Childcare Licensing Regulations and local grant goals/objectives. Additionally, this position acts as a resource, advisor, and advocate for the parents in the areas of child development, health, education, and community resources. The Early Head Start Lead Teacher will treat all individuals with dignity and respect, make necessary referrals for clients, and exemplify the South Central Community Action Program, Inc. (SCCAP) commitment to empowering people to reach their potential.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for Infant and Toddler Caregivers; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Skilled in the use of computers for email, creation, and manipulation of databases, and Microsoft Office
Teacher Aide: Under supervision of the Lead Teacher, the Teacher Aide assists in implementing a developmentally appropriate plan for a group of three to five year old children and providing quality early childhood experiences. The Teacher Aide will treat all individuals with dignity and respect, make necessary referrals for clients, and exemplify the South Central Community Action Program, Inc. (SCCAP) commitment to empowering people to reach their potential.
- High school diploma or equivalency with no previous experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must obtain a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education within two years of being hired.
- Skilled in the use of computers for email, creation, and manipulation of databases, and Microsoft Office.
Please review the position descriptions below. Interested applicants may apply here: http://www.insccap.org/pages/openings.
SCCAP Early Head Start Lead Teacher
SCCAP Teacher Aide
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Early Childhood Development Center at Saint Mary’s College-Program Director
The Early Childhood Development Center at Saint Mary’s College (ECDC-SMC) is searching for a Program Director to lead the NAEYC Accredited and licensed early care and education program located on the Saint Mary’s College campus. The ECDC-SMC program serves the Saint Mary’s College and University of Notre Dame community of faculty, staff and college students in addition to families from the wider Michiana community.
ECDC is seeking an experienced leader who will collaborate with the ECDC Executive Director to oversee and manage the ECDC-SMC program, its curriculum and pedagogy and implement practices and policies that achieve the highest standards for quality. This is a very exciting opportunity for an experienced early childhood education professional!
The Early Childhood Development Center, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization with a rich history of excellence operating two early care and education program sites located on the beautiful campuses of Saint Mary’s College and the University of Notre Dame. The ECDC-SMC program serves 125 children ages 3 through 5 during the school year and 3 through 10 during the summer. The ECDC-ND program serves 180 children ages 2 through kindergarten during the school year and 2.5 through 10 during the summer.
- Leadership of the ECDC-SMC program site operations, working closely with the ECDC Executive Director on strategic planning, fiscal management and program quality
- Implement pedagogical philosophies and practical application of early childhood play-based, project approach curriculum integrated with authentic assessment
- Oversee implementation of licensing regulations, Paths to Quality standards (QRIS), NAEYC Accreditation standards, pedagogy and practice in the ECDC-SMC program
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Finance Director to ensure accountability for the management of the programs’ enrollment, staffing, supervision and coaching of staff, family engagement and financial operations
- Facilitate professional development structures that support pedagogical objectives
- Support comprehensive communication plans for outreach to the Saint Mary’s and Notre Dame communities and wider region that ECDC-SMC serves
- Work with the Executive Director to establish short and long-term goals and objectives for the ECDC-SMC program aligned with the ECDC strategic plan.
- Create a work environment that demonstrates and values diversity, integrity, safety, collegiality, collaboration, and positive relationships.
- Schedule and facilitate college student learning and experiences in the ECDC-SMC classrooms
- When necessary join a classroom for staffing needs
- The ECDC-SMC Program Director reports to the ECDC Executive Director
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education or a related field (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an early childhood organization including teaching experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership role (early childhood leadership preferred)
- Experience with family engagement, coaching college practicum students, coaching teachers, project-based/constructivist curriculum, portfolio assessment integrated with COR authentic assessment (or similar evidence-based assessment tool)
ECDC is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization separate from Saint Mary’s College and the University of Notre Dame. ECDC staff are employees of ECDC and not employees of the University of Notre Dame or Saint Mary’s College.
ECDC offers a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits. ECDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Email or send a resume, ECDC Application: http://ecdc.nd.edu/employment/, cover letter, 3 letters of professional reference and transcripts to:
Terri Kosik, Executive Director
Early Childhood Development Center, Inc.
University of Notre Dame
10 Child Care Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Accepting applications through June 9th. Position begins mid-August, 2019.
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Southeastern Indiana YMCA Learning Center- Child Care Director
Southeastern Indiana YMCA (SI YMCA) Learning Center in Batesville, IN is currently recruiting for a Child Care Director.
The SI YMCA Learning Center is a state license, Level 4 Paths to QUALITY, NAEYC accredited, non for profit center serving children ages 6 weeks-12 years.
-Lead and manage daily operations of a licensed child care facility; including before and after school care, summer camp, infant and toddler care and full day preschool.
-Directly responsible for the day to day safety and well being of all children enrolled in the program.
-Responsible for budget preparation and compliance
-Recruitment, development and supervision of all Learning Center staff.
-Maintain files, records and statistical data
-Insure appropriate staffing coverage with qualified teachers, assistants, kitchen & custodial staff
-Sustaining our NAEYC accreditation and Level 4 Paths to Quality rating, demonstrate compliance with applicable laws, regulations, licensure and accreditation standards
Please download the position description below to ensure you meet all qualifications. Eligible and interested candidates should email resume and application to email@example.com.
SI YMCA Child Care Director
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Transition Resources Corporation-Education Disabilities Coordinator and Infant Toddler Teacher
Transition Resources Corporation is currently recruiting for the following positions: Education/Disabilities Coordinator and Infant Toddler Teacher.
Education/Disabilities Coordinator: This is a Head Start/Early Head Start program. The position is located in Pendleton, IN and will also work in Delaware County (Muncie) and Madison County (Anderson).
The Education/Disabilities Coordinator serves as the leader of education and disability services within a program, guiding the curriculum and program planning, policy development and training. Recruits, trains and supervises personnel. Contributes to program improvement through evaluation, self-assessment and other program development efforts.
Infant Toddler Teacher: Plans and implements individualized education programs for each child. Provides leadership through active direction and direct involvement in the care, teaching and training of children. Works cooperatively with Teachers, Assistant Teachers, Center Aides and Volunteers within the classroom. Inventories all classroom equipment and supplies as instructed annually. Responsible for implementing parent engagement activities. Performs the duties of Bus Monitor as assigned. Assists in the custodial duties of classroom. Ensures that the physical needs of children are met. Works in cooperation with supervisor to develop and document progress on professional development plan.
Please review the position description below to ensure you meet all minimum qualifications.
Interested individuals may apply at www.transitionresources.org.
Infant Toddler Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with the State of Indiana- Child Care Quality Development Specialist
The purpose of the position is to provide coordination and oversight for the development and implementation of an integrated statewide system of Quality Improvement Initiatives within the FSSA/Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning.
The Program Director administers a program within a state agency and serves as a specialist in this area. The director utilizes education, consultation, cooperative programming and coordination to accomplish goals.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Participates in the strategic planning process for Child Care Quality development intiatives working to improve the quality of Child Care in Indiana;
- Participates in all phases of the Paths to QUALITY governing committee work;
- Provides guidance to Stakeholders on interpretation of State and National policy and presents OECOSL guidance in alignment with CCDBG and national best practices;
- Coordinates work and information flow for designated content area, including but not limited to; Workforce and Professional Development, Family and Community Engagement, Quality Rating and Improvement Systems, Out-of-School Time supports, Training, and Technical Assistance and competency in relevant related areas;
- Oversight and Coordination of service delivery of designated contract in alignment with national best practices and the Child Care and Development Block Grant.
- Participates in the review of contract budget reports and financial claims, gathers information and prepares recommendations for needed budget modifications;
- Identifies quality improvement program needs and develops appropriate solutions or recommendations based on research and analytical study;
- Identify the professional development, including educational, training and technical assistance needs and priorities for the state’s child care workforce and work to develop appropriate solutions or recommendations
- Research and develop materials related to designated content areas for both internal and external stakeholders
- Perform ongoing monitoring activities related to assigned projects and contractors’ goals, deliverables, and project quality.
- Conduct presentations and oral briefings to Community Stakeholders, Contractors, and partners related to State guidance on new policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Serves as a member of various ELAC work groups to provide subject matter expertise in designated content areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Formulates, interprets, compiles and disseminates, to applicable agencies and groups, all policies and procedures related to the program;
- Reviews incoming policy or procedural information for decisions on distribution;
- Acts as technical consultant to the staff, clarifying and interpreting all procedures, providing references and resolving disputed issues;
- Serves as a liaison between agency and other state and federal agencies;
- Assists leadership in evaluating proposed programs in specialist area;
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
To learn more and apply please click here: https://workforindiana.in.gov/job/Indianapolis-Child-Care-Quality-Development-Specialist-IN-46202/554832200/.
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Carepointe Academy North- Early Childhood Teachers
Carepointe Academy North in Ft. Wayne is recruiting for Early Childhood Teachers.
We have multiple positions for early childhood teachers in our classrooms, working with toddlers, two-year-olds, three-year-olds, and after school care. Both full and part-time positions are available. You should be emotionally mature, confident of your ability to assess children’s skills and plan appropriate activities to help kids develop skills.
Minimum qualifications include age 21, CDA certificate or AA/BS degree. Our job description is clear, and tied directly to our staff performance evaluations, giving you complete control over qualifying for pay increases at 3 months, 6 months and annually.
We provide a Christian environment, managing staff with love and care as we train and supervise. Our prayer is for God to guide the right persons to our center, so that we can minister to each family with blessings as God has blessed us each one.
We reward staff for performance with various perks; we offer child care discounts, vacation, health insurance subsidy, a path to advancement to Lead Teacher or Assistant Directors. Hourly wages up to $13.00 per hour are typical for well qualified staff.
You really should contact us if you are not fully satisfied or appreciated where you work now!
Our new center director comes with several years of experience and is committed to making this center the best of the best in Fort Wayne. Come and join our team!
Interested Parties please contact:
Kristin Stauss, Director
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Primrose School of Geist- Lead Teacher
The Primrose School of Geist is currently hiring for a Lead Teacher.
Teachers are responsible for general classroom management and supervision, which includes the personal care, hygiene, and positive discipline of the children. He or she plans and implements the Primrose Balanced Learning Curriculum and provides materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in active play. Teachers prepare materials and their classroom for class activities and conducts all activities in a safe, organized, and productive manner.
Applicant must have obtained, or be in the process of obtaining, a technical certificate, Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field.
• Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
• Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Geist and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
• Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
• Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
• Ensures that all classroom bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class
• Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, naptime, and bathroom activities
• Plans with the Director the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
• Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
• Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children’s behavior.
• Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
• Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director
• Maintains a professional personal appearance, attitude and work behavior at all times
• Performs other duties as assigned
Applicants can contact Allyson Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please view the position description below for full details and responsibilities.
Primrose at Geist -Lead Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Primrose School-Lead Teachers
Primrose School in West Carmel, West Clay and Bridgewater, are currently recruiting for Lead Teachers.
A few of the advantages of being part of the Primrose team include:
- The opportunity to make a difference
- A working environment in which team members respect one another
- A School Leadership Team that supports the professional and personal growth of the staff
- Low student/teacher ratios
- Clear expectations, necessary resources, and support to meet children’s needs
- Extensive training and opportunities for continual learning and development for staff
Lead Teachers are responsible for general classroom management and supervision, which includes the personal care, hygiene, and positive discipline of the children. He or she plans and implements the Primrose Balanced Learning curriculum, which includes activities for children that stress physical, social, and emotional growth and provides materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in active play. Lead Teachers prepare materials and their classroom for class activities and conducts all activities in a safe, organized, and productive manner.
- Supervises and manages daily functions for a class of children
- Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration, and decision-making by the children
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas, and playgrounds
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, naptime, and bathroom activities
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions as determined by the Director
- Observes all rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children
- Maintains a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must meet all requirements stipulated by the state for this position
- Classroom teaching experience in an accredited early childhood facility a plus
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to interact with students of all ages and skill levels
- Proficient computer and internet skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
Any interested applicants can contact Lisa Housh: email@example.com
Employment Opportunity Announcement with KinderCare (Purdue University)-Pre K Teacher and Assistant Teacher
Purdue University Early Care & Education Center is seeking a Pre K Teacher and Assistant Teacher
To apply visit:
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Finding Me Now Learning Center-Various Positions
Finding Me Now Learning Center is hiring for various Early Childhood positions in Indianapolis and Ft. Wayne
Please review the position descriptions below to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications. Interested applicants should send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Assistant-2 year old room (Ft. Wayne)
School Age Teaching Assistant (Indy)
Cook/Bus Driver (Ft. Wayne)
Employment Opportunity Announcement with St. Mary’s Child Center of Indianapolis
Lead Preschool Teacher
St. Mary’s Child Center of Indianapolis, Indiana is seeking a full time teacher to start ASAP.
St. Mary’s Child Center is a NAEYC accredited, licensed, Level 4 Paths to Quality preschool following the principles of the Reggio Emilia philosophy. Our mission is to serve children in poverty with lifelong learning leading to lifelong success.
The persons seeking this position must have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or NAEYC equivalent
• Ability to facilitate best practices in Early Childhood
• Respect for children, their unique personalities and cultures
• Respect for families and a willingness to engage positively with them
• Enthusiasm for children, wanting to make a difference to each and every child
• Disposition to work positively with others in a collaborative atmosphere
• Good communication skills with students and families; This includes documentation that is part of the Reggio Influenced curriculum
• Complete state reporting
• Creativity and flexibility to be able to change the day to meet the needs and interests of the children
• Possess the ability to catch a fleeing child
• Spanish-speaking preferred, not required
Full benefits package; starting salary $35,000
For more information about St. Mary’s Child Center:
9230 Hawkins Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216