NAEYC and Indiana AEYC Members receive additional benefits. As a member you can:
- Post a Current Position Opening; or
- Search for Career Opportunities
Contact Us for more information.
Open Career Opportunities with Indiana AEYC
Indiana AEYC is currently hiring for a Fund Developer.
The Fund Developer position is responsible for creating, planning, and implementing a comprehensive fund-raising program on behalf of the Association. This is a contract position.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, nonprofit or public administration or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
2. A minimum of three years hands on related experience, in fund development including knowledge of annual and planned giving, foundation/corporate solicitations, communications and special events.
3. Highly developed interpersonal skills, strong organizational capabilities, independently well-disciplined and driven to meet goals and deadlines.
4. Working knowledge of planning & marketing strategies in direct to customer and social media.
5. Ability to quickly adjust to changing and/or unexpected circumstances.
1. Develop and implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns, social media programs and/or direct mail programs plans that maximize participation and contributions.
2. Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
3. Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals and corporate donors.
4. Create and update donor databases.
5. Compile and develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
6. Write reports, prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
7. Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions or goals of organizations seeking funds.
8. Attend community events, meetings or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
9. Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donations web sites.
Please download and review the position description below to ensure you meet the minimum requirements/qualifications. When applying for this position please use Job ID#641 in the subject line of the email. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com.
Position Description: Fund Developer
Other Open Career Opportunities
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Family Development Services- Infant Toddler Teachers and Preschool Teachers
Family Development Services is hiring for the for the following positions: Infant Toddler Teachers and Preschool Teachers.
Family Development Services manages the Head Start and Early Head Start educational programs in Marion and Hamilton counties in Central Indiana. We plant the seeds of future success for more than 2,000 children and their families each year by providing a head start in socialization and school preparedness skills, as well as a range of family social services.
Infant/Toddler Teachers: FDS has immediate openings for Early Head Start infant/toddler teachers in the Indianapolis area. Responsibilities include: planning and implementing developmentally and age appropriate classroom activities, maintaining a healthy and safe environment, having a demonstrated ability to manage a classroom and follow established curriculum and procedures, and communicating with parents regularly about their child’s progress.
$13.29—$20.65 / hour + Generous Benefits
Must have either CDA, Associate degree in Early Childhood or a related degree with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Early Childhood Education. 1 year Infant/Toddler experience required. Submit resume in person at 3637 N. Meridian Street, online at www.fds.org or by fax at (317) 803-9486. Include transcripts for immediate consideration. EOE
Preschool Teachers: FDS has immediate openings for Head Start preschool teachers in the Indianapolis area. Responsibilities include: planning and implementing developmentally and age appropriate classroom activities, maintaining a healthy and safe environment, having a demonstrated ability to manage a classroom and follow established curriculum and procedures, and communicating with parents regularly about their child’s progress.
$16.37—$21.08 / hour + Generous Benefits
Minimum of an Associates or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education or related degree with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Early Childhood Education required. Submit resume in person at 3637 N. Meridian Street, online at www.fds.org or by fax at (317) 803-9486. Include transcripts for immediate consideration. EOE
FDS Infant Toddler Teachers
FDS Preschool Teachers
Employment Opportunity Announcement with The Family Connection of St. Joseph County- Classroom Assessors
The Family Connection of St. Joseph County, Inc. is looking for individuals to do a variety of classroom quality assessments in infant/toddler, preschool and/or elementary classrooms.Assessors work with a local team in conducting assessments with the goal of helping teachers improve quality in their early childhood classrooms. Assessments include the Early Language and Literacy Classroom Observation (ELLCO), HighScope’s Program Quality Assessment (PQA) for preschool, program and infant/toddler classes, and the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) for infant, toddler, preschool (PreK) and elementary (K-3, Upper El) classrooms.
- Receive training in the assessments they will be conducting
- Make appointments with programs
- Conduct assessments in classrooms
- Score assessments
- Provide a written report
- Obtain/maintain assessor reliability where applicable
- BA in Early Childhood or Elementary Education or BA with early childhood coursework.
- Teaching experience in early childhood and/or elementary.
- Knowledge of HighScope curriculum preferred for preschool assessors.
- Knowledge of Responsive Classroom curriculum preferred for elementary assessors.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Dependability extremely important.
- Have own reliable transportation.
The Assessor position is part-time (paid per completed assessment) and, following the school year calendar, is seasonal work.
Please email a current resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Connection of St. Joseph County Classroom Assessor(s)
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Hasten Hebrew Academy- Toddler Classroom Assistant Teacher
Hasten Hebrew Academy, in Indianapolis, is hiring for a Toddler Classroom Assistant Teacher.
Hours: Beginning in January 2020. 7:50 AM to 1:30 PM M-F
Benefits: Personal and sick days, short term disability (when working full time), vision/dental optional, lunch provided
Experience in Early Childhood Education
CDA or degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field highly preferred.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
To learn more about our Reggio-inspired, Paths to QUALITY Level 3 EC program, visit www.hhai.org
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Bloomington Center for Global Children – Director
At Bloomington Center for Global Children (BCGC), a Spanish-immersion childcare center, our mission is to provide a multilingual and nurturing early education environment for young children that supports their physical and social emotional development while encouraging them to care for themselves, their community, and their planet. We value the uniqueness of our community members and seek to provide an inclusive environment for all.
We are seeking a Director to lead our team and manage school operations. Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Director will oversee school operations (enrollment, family communication and support, licensing and Paths to Quality requirements), manage and develop a team of full- and part-time staff and will execute the long term vision (strategic planning, curriculum development) at our center that provides care and early childhood education for children ages 6 weeks – 6 years.
This is a full-time, exempt position in Bloomington, Indiana.
- Recruit, hire, train and retain qualified staff in all departments
- Lead and supervise staff (teachers, teacher’s aides, kitchen and maintenance staff) including creating and managing the overall staff schedule
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the center
- Assure compliance with licensing and Paths to Quality regulations/requirements
- Maintain a workplace environment that is positive, supportive, and prioritizes transparency
- Implement curriculum and ongoing teacher trainings
- Facilitate, oversee, and support communication between families and teachers
- Collaborate with Board of Directors
Must meet one of the following educational criteria:
- An accredited Bachelor of Arts or Science in early childhood or elementary education with a kindergarten endorsement and grades of B or better
- An accredited Bachelor of Arts or Science in any discipline and either:
- 15 credit hours in college level courses with documented content relating to the needs, skills, development, or teaching methods of children 6 years of age or younger (grades of B or better required)
- A Child Development Associates (CDA) credential
- An accredited 2 year associates degree in early childhood education, with a grade average of B or better, and a minimum of three years’ experience in an early childhood program
- Spanish proficiency (spoken and written) strongly desired, Spanish fluency (spoken and written) preferred
- At least two years of experience managing a diverse group of full- and part-time staff
- Experience with the principles of positive discipline and play-based learning (familiarity with Montessori and/or Reggio Emilia, a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft/Google suites
- A commitment to effective cross-cultural communication
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and withstand interruptions
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience. The Director is eligible for a monthly cell phone stipend, receives 8 paid holidays, BCGC tuition discounts, and paid-time off.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority consideration given to applicants who apply by Friday, November 1, 2019. To apply, please email a thoughtful cover letter and resume (as attachments – pdf or Word) that details how your experience aligns with this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line, “Application for BCGC Director.” BCGC is an inclusive community and equal opportunity employer.
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Love Your Child’s Care- ECE Professional
ECE Professional needed on Indy’s Southeast Side for a High Quality In-Home Childcare heavily focused on Authentic Play as it relates to Art, Literature, Language Development, Science, Math, and Social Emotional Empowerment. Our program has been in service to young children and their families since 2009.
Starting Salary $600 weekly with potential for increases with educational goals, commitment to authentic play and development, and enrollment outcomes met and maintained.
We seek to fill this position with a dedicated professional excited to serve young children, interested in learning about early brain development, and a desire to gain valuable working experience in an authentic play environment.
We are looking for someone that understands the gravity of the position, and the needs of the children. Someone that will play and engage with our young learners, build close relationships with them, and seek to make their learning full of play and wonder. We are seeking a superstar that wishes to ignite the spark for learning that is already present in young children!
- Minimum age 21
- Previous experience with young children in a licensed childcare setting
- HSD/GED, CDA or Associate Degree Preferred
- Basic ECE Training as required by State Foundations, Child Abuse Prevention, Health & Safety 4 Modules, Safe Sleep, CPR/First Aid/Universal Precautions
- Serious commitment to Continue Education in Early Childhood Studies (TEACH Scholarship Access Sponsored, Salary will reflect Degree Achievements)
- Clean Background, Clean Drug Screen, TB, and Physical
- Dependable, with reliable transportation.
Job Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Opening promptly at 7 am Monday – Friday. Typically off by 4 pm,
- Interacting and engaging families upon arrival and departure, and connecting with them via photos of their children learning.
- Following a Daily Schedule, and Play Plan Set by LOVE’s Curriculum Director.
- Preparing and serving Food as scheduled, and in compliance with the Child & Adult Care Food Program, and in compliance with Paths To Quality Standards Level 3 and 4
- Organizing, storing, and preserving food supplies to save, or reduce food cost.
- Preparing and maintaining a healthy and clean environment for young children to play, explore and discover peacefully.
- Patience, and Understanding as our program typically serves children challenged with extreme life changes, and challenges.
- Following a Potty Training Plan set by LOVE’s Curriculum Director with Body Positive Mindset to empower confidence in healthy self-care routines.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing All Spaces and Toys as recommended and compliant by the State for a Healthy environment.
- Ability to report Food Attendance, CCDF swipes, Injury, or suspected abuse accurately, and appropriately.
- Observing, documenting, and report behavior as it relates to the development of each child to their fullest potential.
- Allowing children to Create their own Art using a variety of tools, including recyclables, paint, paper, loose parts, mud, clay, dough, water, glue, scissors, etc.
- Organization and maintenance of classroom, toys, art supplies, and facility supplies
- Prepare and teach in the outside classroom. The right teacher will be ready for all types of weather, will dig soil, find worms, & plant seeds alongside the children.
- Ability to refer, or guide families to information and resources that will help stabilize the children’s lives.
Most importantly, Must be dependable, and truly excited about ensuring young children’s access to high quality learning opportunities valuing education.
Interested applicants send resume to: Lovestaffing@outlook.com
More information: www.facebook.com/LYCCearlylearning
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Bethel Early Childhood Academy- Various openings
BECA (Bethel Early Childhood Academy at Bethel UMC) currently has openings! CDA certification (Child Development Associate) and experience working with children preferred. Assistants help with activities, organizing, sanitizing toys and supplies, and supervising play and pick up time.
We are a registered ministry, CCDF approved and Paths to Quality provider. We are on the northwest side of Indy with easy access to I-65. Full and part time jobs available Salary range $10 – $12 dependent upon experience Apply via our Director 317-293-1555
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Bloomington Developmental Learning Center- Infant/Toddler Co-Teacher and Preschool Co-Teacher
Bloomington Developmental Learning Center in Bloomington, IN is hiring for the following positions: Infant/Toddler Co-Teacher and Preschool Co-Teacher.
Infant/Toddler Co-Teacher: If you have a passion for play-based education and spending time with young children, this is the career for you! BDLC practices continuity of care, meaning the children begin with a set of teachers in our infant rooms and stay with those peers and teachers, moving rooms each year as a group until they are 3 years old. We are looking for a teacher in our current 2 to 2.5 year old classroom. This position would work 10am-6pm daily. Full Time position.
Pre-School Co-Teacher: If you have a passion for play-based education and spending time with young children, this is the career for you! BDLC practices continuity of care, meaning the children begin with a set of teachers in our infant rooms and stay with those peers and teachers, moving rooms each year as a group until they are 3 years old. We are looking for a co-teacher in our current 3-4 year old preschool classroom and a co-teacher in our current 4-5 year old preschool classroom. This position would work 10am-6pm daily. Full Time position.
Please review the position description below. Interested applicants should send meail to Kari Pronto, Executive Director: email@example.com
BDLC Infant-Toddler Co Teacher Posting
BDLC Pre-School Co Teacher Posting
Employment Opportunity Announcement with DayStar Childcare- Lead Pre-K Teacher
DayStar Childcare near downtown Indianapolis is looking for a Lead PreKindergarten teacher to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum and environment in which PreK students will excel and be prepared for Kindergarten.
Required Qualifications: Associates Degree in Early Childhood, or a CDA and working on an Associate’s Degree; A minimum of 2 years working with children ages birth to 6.
Preferred Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood, or an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood working on a Bachelor’s Degree; A minimum of 2 years working in a NAEYC accredited center
To apply visit our website daystarchildcare.com or email Laura Dyke or Lisa Bowling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DayStar Childcare and Infant Learning Center Pre-K Lead Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with IUPUI Center for Young Children- Multi Age Lead Teacher
IUPUI Center for Young Children is seeking a Multi-Age Lead Teacher. This position is responsible for the daily management of the children (ages 2-6) and activities in their classroom in accordance with licensing standards and the Center’s policies, practices, and procedures. They will plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities for children enrolled. This position also supervises and evaluates the assistant teacher and classroom assistants.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education, OR Associate’s degree in similar fields and two years of experience with young children in a licensed child care center or early childhood setting.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in a related field
Please review the position description below. Interested applicants may apply here: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/iu/en-us.
Questions? Contact Susie Manning, Director: email@example.com
IUPUI Center for Young Children-Multi-Age Lead Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Kids Kampus- Early Head Start Coach
Kids Kampus, in Huntington, IN, is hiring for the following position: Early Head Start Coach.
The Early Head Start Coach is responsible for working directly with Early Head Start teaching staff to support learning, professional growth and enhance the quality of early childhood services provided in the classroom. The Early Head Start coach will work both individually and in group settings with all Family/ Child Educators to mentor them on customized professional goals and ensure compliance with all applicable Early Head Start standards.
- An Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education is required.
- Previous Early Childhood Coaching experience is preferred
- Prefer prior experience working with families from varied socio-economic backgrounds.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all families, children, and co-workers to promote an effective teamwork approach to carrying out the responsibilities of the position, programs, and agency goals.
- Prefer prior experience with Early Head Start.
Interested applicants should email resumes to:
Amber Funk, HR Recruiter
Kids Kampus Early Head Start Coach
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Indiana University Southeast Children’s Center- Co-Teacher
IU Southeast Children’s Center in New Albany, IN is hiring for a Co-Teacher.
The co-teacher provides excellent care, supervision and educational experiences for children attending the Center. The co-teacher will assume leadership responsibilities in the absence of Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator. The co-teacher will provide and maintain a safe, secure and nurturing environment for the IUS CC children through age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities. The co-teacher will help supervise student staff interactions with children, participate and help oversee the cleaning of the facilities equipment. The co-teacher will take appropriate actions during emergencies, accidents, sickness, behavior problems, parent notification and any other applicable situations. As a member of the teaching team, the teacher will work collaboratively with the Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, staff and families toward the betterment of the Center.
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Scheduled Work Hours – flexible, dependent on need; Children’s Center open 7:30am -5:30pm
- Pass physical exam including negative intradermal TB screen
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds and to physically interact with children in a manner that meets their needs
- Pass Criminal History check
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of young children
- Successful completion of CPR and First Aid
- Annual Universal Precautions training
- Successful completion of ServSafe Training
- Minimum of 15 hours professional development training annually
- Ability to implement State of Indiana Child Care Regulations (Division of Family and Social Services Administration, FSSA) and Paths to Quality rules.
- Ability to understand, implement and articulate developmentally Appropriate Practices through curriculum development, assessment and everyday interactions with children families and staff.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate, verbally and in writing, with co-workers, students, children, and families
Maintain a professional attitude in demeanor and relationship with children, families, co-workers and students
Co-teacher shall have a minimum of one of the following
- A current CDA credential
- A bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree in early childhood education or elementary with a kindergarten endorsement and grades of C or better from an accredited college or university
- A bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree from an accredited college or university that includes one of the following:
A.) Fifteen (15) credit hours in college level courses with document content relating to the needs, skills, development, or teaching methods of children six (6) years of age or younger and grades of C or better.
B.) A two (2) year associate degree in early childhood education from an accredited college or university, with a grade of C or better.
Lead Teachers that do not meet these qualifications shall:
- (1) Have eight (8) additional in-service training per year appropriate to the age group with which the caregiver is working
(2) Enroll in one (1) of the educational programs listed in subsection (A) within one (1) year of becoming a lead caregiver; and
(3) Provide documentation showing successful completion of a least six (6) credit hours per year.
Interested applicants may apply here: https://iujobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/74647
IUS – Co Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Early Childhood Development Center at Saint Mary’s College and the University of Notre Dame- Preschool Teachers
Preschool Teachers – Professional full time teaching positions at the Early Childhood Development Center at Saint Mary’s College and the University of Notre Dame (ECDC). ECDC seeks to hire teachers who desire to team teach in an exceptional learning environment that is NAEYC Accredited, IN Licensed, IN Paths to Quality Level 4 (highest level) and committed to promoting a love of learning and to fostering creative and enthusiastic learners through a play-centered curriculum. Come Teach with Us at ECDC! Learn why here! Come Teach with Us at ECDC! Learn why here!
For more information – http://ecdc.nd.edu/employment
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Mt. Calvary Lutheran Child Care and Preschool- Director
Mt. Calvary Lutheran Child Care and Preschool in Fort Wayne is hiring for the position of Director.
Do you want to change the world? That’s what we’re about at Mount Calvary! We want to make the world less lonely, people more connected, and everyone more in tune with our friend and Savior! We are looking for someone to help us in our mission to authentically connect people to one another through the love of Jesus Christ.
We believe that partnering with families is the best way to combat and correct loneliness in this world by restoring, encouraging, and/or supporting them. We pursue holistic health that comes through a grounding in the love of Jesus Christ in order that we may be brothers and sisters of the same heavenly Father.
To aid us in accomplishing this dream of ours, we are looking for a Child Care and Preschool director that, first and foremost, shares this dream. Said director must have a passion for those inside and outside the Church. Beyond this crucial identifier, the director will serve the church by developing, running, and administering an effective Child Care & Preschool ministry by providing quality care and quality education for young children according to the following qualifications and requirements:
Qualifications for Director:
- Highly professional with excellent relational and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills, strong time management skills, and ability to maintain composure in handling stressful situations
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
Requirements for Director:
- The director will hold a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Education, or related field.
- Experience teaching in an educational setting, especially early childhood, is preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, 1819 Reservation Dr. Fort Wayne, IN 46819
Mt. Calvary Lutheran Child Care and Preschool-Director
Employment Opportunity Announcement with IUPUI Center for Young Children- Lead Teacher
IUPUI Center for Young Children is seeking a Lead Teacher. This position is responsible for the daily management of the children and activities in their classroom in accordance with licensing and the Center’s policies, practices, and procedures. They will plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities for children enrolled as well as provide direction to assistant teachers on a daily basis.
Requirements: High School Diploma with a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Development. Must be 21 years old. Knowledge of DAP for early childhood; ability to communicate verbally and in writing to children, parents, staff and general public; knowledge of stat licensing regulations; awareness and acceptance of cultural differences.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Development or Elementary Education. 1 year in a licensed childcare facility.
Please review the position description below. Interested applicants may apply here: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/iu/en-us.
Questions? Contact Susie Manning, Director: email@example.com
IUPUI Center for Young Children Infant Lead Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Day Early Learning- Lead and Assistant Teachers
Day Early Learning in Indianapolis is hiring for the following positions: Lead and Assistant Teachers.
Job Summary: Plans and implements activities which are designed to develop a range of social, cognitive, and/or motor skills for individual and/or groups of preschool aged children, working within a child care center, classroom, or field environment. Supervises and trains student employees and/or staff engaged in child care and development activities.
Education: An Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Developmental or Child Psychology, Elementary Education or closely related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in an early childhood setting working directly with young children is preferred. Knowledge: Basic understanding of child development from birth through age 8 acquired through practical experience and/or direct instruction. Basic keyboarding skills, computer literacy and familiarity with various applications such a database, word processing, e-mail and internet.
Job Summary: Provides a developmentally appropriate environment primarily for preschool aged children. Conducts individual activities to encourage learning and develop social interaction skills. Ensure routines are flexible and individualized to meet infants’ needs. Prepares and/or serves children’s meals. Maintains appropriate records of attendance and activities.
Education Requirements: Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Complete a CDA focusing on Preschool Children or 12 college credits in Early Childhood Education within 2 years of hire.
Experience: None Required
Knowledge: Basic understanding of child development from birth through age 8 acquired through practical experience and/or direct instruction. Basic keyboarding skills, computer literacy and familiarity with various applications such a database, word processing, e-mail and internet.
Questions can be sent to Beth Riedeman at firstname.lastname@example.org