NAEYC and Indiana AEYC Members receive additional benefits. As a member you can:
- Post a Current Position Opening; or
- Search for Career Opportunities
Contact Us for more information.
Open Career Opportunities with Indiana AEYC
Indiana AEYC is currently hiring for a Paths to QUALITY™ Coach. Working Counties: Class, Tipton, Randolph, Hamilton and surrounding counties.
The Indiana AEYC Paths To Quality™ Coach is responsible for the case management of facilities currently accredited, seeking national accreditation, and facilities attaining and maintaining a Level 3 or 4 rating in Paths to QUALITY™. This position is considered Field Staff and works from a home office. This a Full Time/Exempt position.
Qualifications: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood/Child Development credentialing (when available) required in any of the following: ECE, Child Development, Consumer and Family Sciences, Education including at least 12 credit hours in Early Childhood related coursework or a related field. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of five years’ experience in the Early Childhood profession and three years in an administrative position. Experience in accreditation process and attainment or renewal with one of the following: National Association for the Education of Young Children, National Association for Family Child Care, National Early Childhood Program Accreditation, Council on Accreditation- After School, Council on Accreditation-Early Childhood and Development, or Association of Christian Schools International. Please view the below job description for additional qualifications and responsibilities.
Please download and review the position description below to ensure you meet the minimum requirements/qualifications. When applying for this position please use Job ID#638 in the subject line of the email. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume by Monday, November 18th, 2019 to:email@example.com
Position Description: Indiana AEYC Paths to Quality Coach
Indiana AEYC is currently hiring for an On My Way Pre-K Manager for the South Bend area.
The On My Way Pre-K Manager is responsible for maximizing the number of On My Way Pre-K scholarships issued to eligible families by connecting intake services, families, and programs in a creative and respectful manner that is authentic to the local community while increasing the number of and providing quality improvement and compliance supports to eligible programs. This position is considered Field Staff and works from a home office. This is a Full Time/Exempt position.
Qualifications: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood/Child Development, Social Work, or a related field; Master’s preferred. Minimum of five years’ experience in the early childhood profession and three years in a supervisory position. Experience in community-building initiatives.
Please download and review the position description below to ensure you meet the minimum requirements/qualifications. When applying for this position please use Job ID#642 in the subject line of the email. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume by Monday, November 18th, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: On My Way Pre-K Manager
Indiana AEYC is currently hiring for a Fund Developer.
The Fund Developer position is responsible for creating, planning, and implementing a comprehensive fund-raising program on behalf of the Association. This is a contract position.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, nonprofit or public administration or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
2. A minimum of three years hands on related experience, in fund development including knowledge of annual and planned giving, foundation/corporate solicitations, communications and special events.
3. Highly developed interpersonal skills, strong organizational capabilities, independently well-disciplined and driven to meet goals and deadlines.
4. Working knowledge of planning & marketing strategies in direct to customer and social media.
5. Ability to quickly adjust to changing and/or unexpected circumstances.
1. Develop and implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns, social media programs and/or direct mail programs plans that maximize participation and contributions.
2. Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
3. Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals and corporate donors.
4. Create and update donor databases.
5. Compile and develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
6. Write reports, prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
7. Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions or goals of organizations seeking funds.
8. Attend community events, meetings or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
9. Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donations web sites.
Please download and review the position description below to ensure you meet the minimum requirements/qualifications. When applying for this position please use Job ID#641 in the subject line of the email. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com.
Position Description: Fund Developer
Other Open Career Opportunities
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Bloomington Center for Global Children – Director
At Bloomington Center for Global Children (BCGC), a Spanish-immersion childcare center, our mission is to provide a multilingual and nurturing early education environment for young children that supports their physical and social emotional development while encouraging them to care for themselves, their community, and their planet. We value the uniqueness of our community members and seek to provide an inclusive environment for all.
We are seeking a Director to lead our team and manage school operations. Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Director will oversee school operations (enrollment, family communication and support, licensing and Paths to Quality requirements), manage and develop a team of full- and part-time staff and will execute the long term vision (strategic planning, curriculum development) at our center that provides care and early childhood education for children ages 6 weeks – 6 years.
This is a full-time, exempt position in Bloomington, Indiana.
- Recruit, hire, train and retain qualified staff in all departments
- Lead and supervise staff (teachers, teacher’s aides, kitchen and maintenance staff) including creating and managing the overall staff schedule
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the center
- Assure compliance with licensing and Paths to Quality regulations/requirements
- Maintain a workplace environment that is positive, supportive, and prioritizes transparency
- Implement curriculum and ongoing teacher trainings
- Facilitate, oversee, and support communication between families and teachers
- Collaborate with Board of Directors
Must meet one of the following educational criteria:
- An accredited Bachelor of Arts or Science in early childhood or elementary education with a kindergarten endorsement and grades of B or better
- An accredited Bachelor of Arts or Science in any discipline and either:
- 15 credit hours in college level courses with documented content relating to the needs, skills, development, or teaching methods of children 6 years of age or younger (grades of B or better required)
- A Child Development Associates (CDA) credential
- An accredited 2 year associates degree in early childhood education, with a grade average of B or better, and a minimum of three years’ experience in an early childhood program
- Spanish proficiency (spoken and written) strongly desired, Spanish fluency (spoken and written) preferred
- At least two years of experience managing a diverse group of full- and part-time staff
- Experience with the principles of positive discipline and play-based learning (familiarity with Montessori and/or Reggio Emilia, a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft/Google suites
- A commitment to effective cross-cultural communication
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and withstand interruptions
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience. The Director is eligible for a monthly cell phone stipend, receives 8 paid holidays, BCGC tuition discounts, and paid-time off.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority consideration given to applicants who apply by Friday, November 1, 2019. To apply, please email a thoughtful cover letter and resume (as attachments – pdf or Word) that details how your experience aligns with this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line, “Application for BCGC Director.” BCGC is an inclusive community and equal opportunity employer.
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Love Your Child’s Care- ECE Professional
ECE Professional needed on Indy’s Southeast Side for a High Quality In-Home Childcare heavily focused on Authentic Play as it relates to Art, Literature, Language Development, Science, Math, and Social Emotional Empowerment. Our program has been in service to young children and their families since 2009.
Starting Salary $600 weekly with potential for increases with educational goals, commitment to authentic play and development, and enrollment outcomes met and maintained.
We seek to fill this position with a dedicated professional excited to serve young children, interested in learning about early brain development, and a desire to gain valuable working experience in an authentic play environment.
We are looking for someone that understands the gravity of the position, and the needs of the children. Someone that will play and engage with our young learners, build close relationships with them, and seek to make their learning full of play and wonder. We are seeking a superstar that wishes to ignite the spark for learning that is already present in young children!
- Minimum age 21
- Previous experience with young children in a licensed childcare setting
- HSD/GED, CDA or Associate Degree Preferred
- Basic ECE Training as required by State Foundations, Child Abuse Prevention, Health & Safety 4 Modules, Safe Sleep, CPR/First Aid/Universal Precautions
- Serious commitment to Continue Education in Early Childhood Studies (TEACH Scholarship Access Sponsored, Salary will reflect Degree Achievements)
- Clean Background, Clean Drug Screen, TB, and Physical
- Dependable, with reliable transportation.
Job Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Opening promptly at 7 am Monday – Friday. Typically off by 4 pm,
- Interacting and engaging families upon arrival and departure, and connecting with them via photos of their children learning.
- Following a Daily Schedule, and Play Plan Set by LOVE’s Curriculum Director.
- Preparing and serving Food as scheduled, and in compliance with the Child & Adult Care Food Program, and in compliance with Paths To Quality Standards Level 3 and 4
- Organizing, storing, and preserving food supplies to save, or reduce food cost.
- Preparing and maintaining a healthy and clean environment for young children to play, explore and discover peacefully.
- Patience, and Understanding as our program typically serves children challenged with extreme life changes, and challenges.
- Following a Potty Training Plan set by LOVE’s Curriculum Director with Body Positive Mindset to empower confidence in healthy self-care routines.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing All Spaces and Toys as recommended and compliant by the State for a Healthy environment.
- Ability to report Food Attendance, CCDF swipes, Injury, or suspected abuse accurately, and appropriately.
- Observing, documenting, and report behavior as it relates to the development of each child to their fullest potential.
- Allowing children to Create their own Art using a variety of tools, including recyclables, paint, paper, loose parts, mud, clay, dough, water, glue, scissors, etc.
- Organization and maintenance of classroom, toys, art supplies, and facility supplies
- Prepare and teach in the outside classroom. The right teacher will be ready for all types of weather, will dig soil, find worms, & plant seeds alongside the children.
- Ability to refer, or guide families to information and resources that will help stabilize the children’s lives.
Most importantly, Must be dependable, and truly excited about ensuring young children’s access to high quality learning opportunities valuing education.
Interested applicants send resume to: Lovestaffing@outlook.com
More information: www.facebook.com/LYCCearlylearning
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Bethel Early Childhood Academy- Various openings
BECA (Bethel Early Childhood Academy at Bethel UMC) currently has openings! CDA certification (Child Development Associate) and experience working with children preferred. Assistants help with activities, organizing, sanitizing toys and supplies, and supervising play and pick up time.
We are a registered ministry, CCDF approved and Paths to Quality provider. We are on the northwest side of Indy with easy access to I-65. Full and part time jobs available Salary range $10 – $12 dependent upon experience Apply via our Director 317-293-1555
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Bloomington Developmental Learning Center- Infant/Toddler Co-Teacher and Preschool Co-Teacher
Bloomington Developmental Learning Center in Bloomington, IN is hiring for the following positions: Infant/Toddler Co-Teacher and Preschool Co-Teacher.
Infant/Toddler Co-Teacher: If you have a passion for play-based education and spending time with young children, this is the career for you! BDLC practices continuity of care, meaning the children begin with a set of teachers in our infant rooms and stay with those peers and teachers, moving rooms each year as a group until they are 3 years old. We are looking for a teacher in our current 2 to 2.5 year old classroom. This position would work 10am-6pm daily. Full Time position.
Pre-School Co-Teacher: If you have a passion for play-based education and spending time with young children, this is the career for you! BDLC practices continuity of care, meaning the children begin with a set of teachers in our infant rooms and stay with those peers and teachers, moving rooms each year as a group until they are 3 years old. We are looking for a co-teacher in our current 3-4 year old preschool classroom and a co-teacher in our current 4-5 year old preschool classroom. This position would work 10am-6pm daily. Full Time position.
Please review the position description below. Interested applicants should send meail to Kari Pronto, Executive Director: email@example.com
BDLC Infant-Toddler Co Teacher Posting
BDLC Pre-School Co Teacher Posting
Employment Opportunity Announcement with DayStar Childcare- Lead Pre-K Teacher
DayStar Childcare near downtown Indianapolis is looking for a Lead PreKindergarten teacher to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum and environment in which PreK students will excel and be prepared for Kindergarten.
Required Qualifications: Associates Degree in Early Childhood, or a CDA and working on an Associate’s Degree; A minimum of 2 years working with children ages birth to 6.
Preferred Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood, or an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood working on a Bachelor’s Degree; A minimum of 2 years working in a NAEYC accredited center
To apply visit our website daystarchildcare.com or email Laura Dyke or Lisa Bowling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DayStar Childcare and Infant Learning Center Pre-K Lead Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with IUPUI Center for Young Children- Multi Age Lead Teacher
IUPUI Center for Young Children is seeking a Multi-Age Lead Teacher. This position is responsible for the daily management of the children (ages 2-6) and activities in their classroom in accordance with licensing standards and the Center’s policies, practices, and procedures. They will plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities for children enrolled. This position also supervises and evaluates the assistant teacher and classroom assistants.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education, OR Associate’s degree in similar fields and two years of experience with young children in a licensed child care center or early childhood setting.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in a related field
Please review the position description below. Interested applicants may apply here: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/iu/en-us.
Questions? Contact Susie Manning, Director: email@example.com
IUPUI Center for Young Children-Multi-Age Lead Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Kids Kampus- Early Head Start Coach
Kids Kampus, in Huntington, IN, is hiring for the following position: Early Head Start Coach.
The Early Head Start Coach is responsible for working directly with Early Head Start teaching staff to support learning, professional growth and enhance the quality of early childhood services provided in the classroom. The Early Head Start coach will work both individually and in group settings with all Family/ Child Educators to mentor them on customized professional goals and ensure compliance with all applicable Early Head Start standards.
- An Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education is required.
- Previous Early Childhood Coaching experience is preferred
- Prefer prior experience working with families from varied socio-economic backgrounds.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all families, children, and co-workers to promote an effective teamwork approach to carrying out the responsibilities of the position, programs, and agency goals.
- Prefer prior experience with Early Head Start.
Interested applicants should email resumes to:
Amber Funk, HR Recruiter
Kids Kampus Early Head Start Coach
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Indiana University Southeast Children’s Center- Co-Teacher
IU Southeast Children’s Center in New Albany, IN is hiring for a Co-Teacher.
The co-teacher provides excellent care, supervision and educational experiences for children attending the Center. The co-teacher will assume leadership responsibilities in the absence of Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator. The co-teacher will provide and maintain a safe, secure and nurturing environment for the IUS CC children through age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities. The co-teacher will help supervise student staff interactions with children, participate and help oversee the cleaning of the facilities equipment. The co-teacher will take appropriate actions during emergencies, accidents, sickness, behavior problems, parent notification and any other applicable situations. As a member of the teaching team, the teacher will work collaboratively with the Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, staff and families toward the betterment of the Center.
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Scheduled Work Hours – flexible, dependent on need; Children’s Center open 7:30am -5:30pm
- Pass physical exam including negative intradermal TB screen
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds and to physically interact with children in a manner that meets their needs
- Pass Criminal History check
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of young children
- Successful completion of CPR and First Aid
- Annual Universal Precautions training
- Successful completion of ServSafe Training
- Minimum of 15 hours professional development training annually
- Ability to implement State of Indiana Child Care Regulations (Division of Family and Social Services Administration, FSSA) and Paths to Quality rules.
- Ability to understand, implement and articulate developmentally Appropriate Practices through curriculum development, assessment and everyday interactions with children families and staff.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate, verbally and in writing, with co-workers, students, children, and families
Maintain a professional attitude in demeanor and relationship with children, families, co-workers and students
Co-teacher shall have a minimum of one of the following
- A current CDA credential
- A bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree in early childhood education or elementary with a kindergarten endorsement and grades of C or better from an accredited college or university
- A bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree from an accredited college or university that includes one of the following:
A.) Fifteen (15) credit hours in college level courses with document content relating to the needs, skills, development, or teaching methods of children six (6) years of age or younger and grades of C or better.
B.) A two (2) year associate degree in early childhood education from an accredited college or university, with a grade of C or better.
Lead Teachers that do not meet these qualifications shall:
- (1) Have eight (8) additional in-service training per year appropriate to the age group with which the caregiver is working
(2) Enroll in one (1) of the educational programs listed in subsection (A) within one (1) year of becoming a lead caregiver; and
(3) Provide documentation showing successful completion of a least six (6) credit hours per year.
Interested applicants may apply here: https://iujobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/74647
IUS – Co Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Early Childhood Development Center at Saint Mary’s College and the University of Notre Dame- Preschool Teachers
Preschool Teachers – Professional full time teaching positions at the Early Childhood Development Center at Saint Mary’s College and the University of Notre Dame (ECDC). ECDC seeks to hire teachers who desire to team teach in an exceptional learning environment that is NAEYC Accredited, IN Licensed, IN Paths to Quality Level 4 (highest level) and committed to promoting a love of learning and to fostering creative and enthusiastic learners through a play-centered curriculum. Come Teach with Us at ECDC! Learn why here! Come Teach with Us at ECDC! Learn why here!
For more information – http://ecdc.nd.edu/employment
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Mt. Calvary Lutheran Child Care and Preschool- Director
Mt. Calvary Lutheran Child Care and Preschool in Fort Wayne is hiring for the position of Director.
Do you want to change the world? That’s what we’re about at Mount Calvary! We want to make the world less lonely, people more connected, and everyone more in tune with our friend and Savior! We are looking for someone to help us in our mission to authentically connect people to one another through the love of Jesus Christ.
We believe that partnering with families is the best way to combat and correct loneliness in this world by restoring, encouraging, and/or supporting them. We pursue holistic health that comes through a grounding in the love of Jesus Christ in order that we may be brothers and sisters of the same heavenly Father.
To aid us in accomplishing this dream of ours, we are looking for a Child Care and Preschool director that, first and foremost, shares this dream. Said director must have a passion for those inside and outside the Church. Beyond this crucial identifier, the director will serve the church by developing, running, and administering an effective Child Care & Preschool ministry by providing quality care and quality education for young children according to the following qualifications and requirements:
Qualifications for Director:
- Highly professional with excellent relational and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills, strong time management skills, and ability to maintain composure in handling stressful situations
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
Requirements for Director:
- The director will hold a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Education, or related field.
- Experience teaching in an educational setting, especially early childhood, is preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, 1819 Reservation Dr. Fort Wayne, IN 46819
Mt. Calvary Lutheran Child Care and Preschool-Director
Employment Opportunity Announcement with IUPUI Center for Young Children- Lead Teacher
IUPUI Center for Young Children is seeking a Lead Teacher. This position is responsible for the daily management of the children and activities in their classroom in accordance with licensing and the Center’s policies, practices, and procedures. They will plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities for children enrolled as well as provide direction to assistant teachers on a daily basis.
Requirements: High School Diploma with a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Development. Must be 21 years old. Knowledge of DAP for early childhood; ability to communicate verbally and in writing to children, parents, staff and general public; knowledge of stat licensing regulations; awareness and acceptance of cultural differences.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Development or Elementary Education. 1 year in a licensed childcare facility.
Please review the position description below. Interested applicants may apply here: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/iu/en-us.
Questions? Contact Susie Manning, Director: email@example.com
IUPUI Center for Young Children Infant Lead Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Day Early Learning- Lead and Assistant Teachers
Day Early Learning in Indianapolis is hiring for the following positions: Lead and Assistant Teachers.
Job Summary: Plans and implements activities which are designed to develop a range of social, cognitive, and/or motor skills for individual and/or groups of preschool aged children, working within a child care center, classroom, or field environment. Supervises and trains student employees and/or staff engaged in child care and development activities.
Education: An Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Developmental or Child Psychology, Elementary Education or closely related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in an early childhood setting working directly with young children is preferred. Knowledge: Basic understanding of child development from birth through age 8 acquired through practical experience and/or direct instruction. Basic keyboarding skills, computer literacy and familiarity with various applications such a database, word processing, e-mail and internet.
Job Summary: Provides a developmentally appropriate environment primarily for preschool aged children. Conducts individual activities to encourage learning and develop social interaction skills. Ensure routines are flexible and individualized to meet infants’ needs. Prepares and/or serves children’s meals. Maintains appropriate records of attendance and activities.
Education Requirements: Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Complete a CDA focusing on Preschool Children or 12 college credits in Early Childhood Education within 2 years of hire.
Experience: None Required
Knowledge: Basic understanding of child development from birth through age 8 acquired through practical experience and/or direct instruction. Basic keyboarding skills, computer literacy and familiarity with various applications such a database, word processing, e-mail and internet.
Questions can be sent to Beth Riedeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Kokomo Family YMCA- Early Learning Center Kitchen Assistant, Early Learning Center Lead Teacher, Child Care Teacher
The Kokomo Family YMCA is hiring for the following positions: Early Learning Center Kitchen Assistant, Early Learning Center Lead Teacher, Child Care Teacher.
Please view position description below for job duties and qualifications. Interested applicants should contact Pam Richard: email@example.com
Kokomo YMCA job descriptions
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Early Learning Community Preschool- Teachers
The Early Learning Community Preschool (ELC) is looking for teachers to join our school family. ELC Preschool is a Paths To Quality Level 3 non-profit program located in Johnson County. We offer an early learning program to children ages 3-5 years of age. We offer both full and half day programs and strive to be a resource to parents in our community. We are accepting resumes for both lead and assistant teachers for our upcoming school year.
We expect our teachers:
To enter into a partnership with parents in the education of their children.
To encourage self motivation that will promote a love of learning to explore subjects of personal interest.
To help children develop a positive self-image as the key to the development of their full potential.
● CDA or Early Childhood degree preferred but not required
● Willing to further education in Early Childhood through trainings and other opportunities
● Experience with preschool-aged children, preferably in a classroom setting
● Experience in Google preferred
Please describe in a cover letter or on your resume your experiences working with children – you will not be
contacted if you do not share your experiences/past work history.
Please take a moment to review our website and what we do before completing an application.
Applicants may send resumes to:
● Dawn Underwood (Director): Dawn@jclearningcenters.com
● Ashley DeLong (Assistant Director): Ashley@jclearningcenters.com
Employment Opportunity Announcement with South Central Community Action Program- Early Head Start Lead Teacher and Teacher’s Aide
South Central Community Action Program (Bloomington, IN) is hiring for the following positions: Early Head Start Lead Teacher and Teacher’s Aide.
Early Head Start Lead Teacher: Under supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Lead Teacher plans and implements a weekly and ongoing developmentally appropriate plan for a group of infants and toddlers with individualized considerations for each child, while managing the classroom and exceeding federal Head Start Standards, State Childcare Licensing Regulations and local grant goals/objectives. Additionally, this position acts as a resource, advisor, and advocate for the parents in the areas of child development, health, education, and community resources. The Early Head Start Lead Teacher will treat all individuals with dignity and respect, make necessary referrals for clients, and exemplify the South Central Community Action Program, Inc. (SCCAP) commitment to empowering people to reach their potential.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for Infant and Toddler Caregivers; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Skilled in the use of computers for email, creation, and manipulation of databases, and Microsoft Office
Teacher Aide: Under supervision of the Lead Teacher, the Teacher Aide assists in implementing a developmentally appropriate plan for a group of three to five year old children and providing quality early childhood experiences. The Teacher Aide will treat all individuals with dignity and respect, make necessary referrals for clients, and exemplify the South Central Community Action Program, Inc. (SCCAP) commitment to empowering people to reach their potential.
- High school diploma or equivalency with no previous experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must obtain a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education within two years of being hired.
- Skilled in the use of computers for email, creation, and manipulation of databases, and Microsoft Office.
Please review the position descriptions below. Interested applicants may apply here: http://www.insccap.org/pages/openings.
SCCAP Early Head Start Lead Teacher
SCCAP Teacher Aide
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Southeastern Indiana YMCA Learning Center- Child Care Director
Southeastern Indiana YMCA (SI YMCA) Learning Center in Batesville, IN is currently recruiting for a Child Care Director.
The SI YMCA Learning Center is a state license, Level 4 Paths to QUALITY, NAEYC accredited, non for profit center serving children ages 6 weeks-12 years.
-Lead and manage daily operations of a licensed child care facility; including before and after school care, summer camp, infant and toddler care and full day preschool.
-Directly responsible for the day to day safety and well being of all children enrolled in the program.
-Responsible for budget preparation and compliance
-Recruitment, development and supervision of all Learning Center staff.
-Maintain files, records and statistical data
-Insure appropriate staffing coverage with qualified teachers, assistants, kitchen & custodial staff
-Sustaining our NAEYC accreditation and Level 4 Paths to Quality rating, demonstrate compliance with applicable laws, regulations, licensure and accreditation standards
Please download the position description below to ensure you meet all qualifications. Eligible and interested candidates should email resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SI YMCA Child Care Director
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Transition Resources Corporation- Infant Toddler Teacher
Transition Resources Corporation is currently recruiting for the following position: Infant Toddler Teacher.
Infant Toddler Teacher: Plans and implements individualized education programs for each child. Provides leadership through active direction and direct involvement in the care, teaching and training of children. Works cooperatively with Teachers, Assistant Teachers, Center Aides and Volunteers within the classroom. Inventories all classroom equipment and supplies as instructed annually. Responsible for implementing parent engagement activities. Performs the duties of Bus Monitor as assigned. Assists in the custodial duties of classroom. Ensures that the physical needs of children are met. Works in cooperation with supervisor to develop and document progress on professional development plan.
Please review the position description below to ensure you meet all minimum qualifications.
Interested individuals may apply at www.transitionresources.org.
Infant Toddler Teacher
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Carepointe Academy North- Early Childhood Teachers
Carepointe Academy North in Ft. Wayne is recruiting for Early Childhood Teachers.
We have multiple positions for early childhood teachers in our classrooms, working with toddlers, two-year-olds, three-year-olds, and after school care. Both full and part-time positions are available. You should be emotionally mature, confident of your ability to assess children’s skills and plan appropriate activities to help kids develop skills.
Minimum qualifications include age 21, CDA certificate or AA/BS degree. Our job description is clear, and tied directly to our staff performance evaluations, giving you complete control over qualifying for pay increases at 3 months, 6 months and annually.
We provide a Christian environment, managing staff with love and care as we train and supervise. Our prayer is for God to guide the right persons to our center, so that we can minister to each family with blessings as God has blessed us each one.
We reward staff for performance with various perks; we offer child care discounts, vacation, health insurance subsidy, a path to advancement to Lead Teacher or Assistant Directors. Hourly wages up to $13.00 per hour are typical for well qualified staff.
You really should contact us if you are not fully satisfied or appreciated where you work now!
Our new center director comes with several years of experience and is committed to making this center the best of the best in Fort Wayne. Come and join our team!
Interested Parties please contact:
Kristin Stauss, Director
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Primrose School-Lead Teachers
Primrose School in West Carmel, West Clay and Bridgewater, are currently recruiting for Lead Teachers.
A few of the advantages of being part of the Primrose team include:
- The opportunity to make a difference
- A working environment in which team members respect one another
- A School Leadership Team that supports the professional and personal growth of the staff
- Low student/teacher ratios
- Clear expectations, necessary resources, and support to meet children’s needs
- Extensive training and opportunities for continual learning and development for staff
Lead Teachers are responsible for general classroom management and supervision, which includes the personal care, hygiene, and positive discipline of the children. He or she plans and implements the Primrose Balanced Learning curriculum, which includes activities for children that stress physical, social, and emotional growth and provides materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in active play. Lead Teachers prepare materials and their classroom for class activities and conducts all activities in a safe, organized, and productive manner.
- Supervises and manages daily functions for a class of children
- Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration, and decision-making by the children
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas, and playgrounds
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, naptime, and bathroom activities
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions as determined by the Director
- Observes all rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children
- Maintains a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must meet all requirements stipulated by the state for this position
- Classroom teaching experience in an accredited early childhood facility a plus
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to interact with students of all ages and skill levels
- Proficient computer and internet skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
Any interested applicants can contact Lisa Housh: email@example.com
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Finding Me Now Learning Center-Various Positions
Finding Me Now Learning Center is hiring for various Early Childhood positions in Indianapolis and Ft. Wayne
Please review the position descriptions below to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications. Interested applicants should send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Assistant-2 year old room (Ft. Wayne)
School Age Teaching Assistant (Indy)
Cook/Bus Driver (Ft. Wayne)
Employment Opportunity Announcement with St. Mary’s Child Center of Indianapolis
Lead Preschool Teacher
St. Mary’s Child Center of Indianapolis, Indiana is seeking a full time teacher to start ASAP.
St. Mary’s Child Center is a NAEYC accredited, licensed, Level 4 Paths to Quality preschool following the principles of the Reggio Emilia philosophy. Our mission is to serve children in poverty with lifelong learning leading to lifelong success.
The persons seeking this position must have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or NAEYC equivalent
• Ability to facilitate best practices in Early Childhood
• Respect for children, their unique personalities and cultures
• Respect for families and a willingness to engage positively with them
• Enthusiasm for children, wanting to make a difference to each and every child
• Disposition to work positively with others in a collaborative atmosphere
• Good communication skills with students and families; This includes documentation that is part of the Reggio Influenced curriculum
• Complete state reporting
• Creativity and flexibility to be able to change the day to meet the needs and interests of the children
• Possess the ability to catch a fleeing child
• Spanish-speaking preferred, not required
Full benefits package; starting salary $35,000
For more information about St. Mary’s Child Center:
9230 Hawkins Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216