As the state affiliate of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Indiana AEYC is a statewide, nonprofit organization serving Indiana at the local, state and national levels. Indiana AEYC has a long history of promoting and supporting quality care and education for all young children, birth through age eight, in Indiana. Our mission is carried out through professional development opportunities, quality program improvement initiatives, and as a champion with public policy pertinent to young children.
Indiana AEYC promotes high-quality learning for all children, birth through age eight, by connecting practice, policy, and research. We advance a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and support all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
All young children thrive and learn in a society dedicated to ensuring they reach their full potential.
- Excellence and Innovation –We are imaginative risk takers willing to challenge assumptions while being accountable to our mission and fiscally responsible.
- Transparency – We act with openness and clarity.
- Reflection – We consider multiple sources of evidence and diverse perspectives to review past performance, note progress and success, and engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Equity and Opportunity – We advocate for policies, practices, and systems that promote full and inclusive participation. We confront biases that create barriers and limit the potential of children, families, and early childhood professionals.
- Collaborative Relationships – We share leadership and responsibility in our work with others. We commit time and effort to ensure diverse participation and more effective outcomes. We act with integrity, respect, and trust.